Friday, January 18, 2008

ARRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

later, I may post a more sensitive entry regarding the subject matter of this post, but now I just plan to vent.

consider yourself warned.

so i had lunch with a friend today, my closest friend in town probably who has a daughter a couple months younger than my son. she was a faithful friend throughout primary infertility and rejoiced with us when we got pregnant and has really loved my son. Three months ago she found out she was *surprise* pregnant with her second. This was right around the time I had my first appt with my dr and while the news, which was not delicately or sensitively relayed to me, stung a bit, I've adjusted to it for the most part...though I do fight jealousy (of accidental pregancies) quite a bit. this friend also knows my current t.t.c. status and knows I've got an r.e. appt next week.

so we sit down and she promptly asks if I've spoken with a mutual friend (who is only kind of my friend--our sons are the same age but who is a close friend of hers) lately....when I said no, she SUPEREXCITEDLY says, "She's pregnant! They're so excited! They were surprised when she was a few days late and she thought 'surely not!', but she is! She's pregnant! Everyone's pregnant! Isn't getting pregnant easy?! I mean, it just HAPPENS! WHEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING! It's so easy. SO so so so so super easy. I love it! Hey--why aren't you pregnant yet?! Come on--it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy!"

okay, I exaggerated on that last part a bit.

do i need to tell people who were around the first time and know we're doing the infertility thing again now that relaying pregnancy news needs to be done sensitively? DO I NEED TO TELL THEM EVERYTHING? Get a clue.

I just want to check out (see previous post titled alone). done with fertile friends. done with friends in general.

done.

No comments: