Saturday, January 26, 2008

the run-around

did I mention that there were all sorts of tricky insurance things with all this?

well, there are. and it's so frustrating.

had to have my labs rewritten so they could be done at the university health center instead of at the hospital. (fine, a little annoying, but whatever) My pcp, who is horrible, had me drop them off so she could rewrite them. I did, promptly.

that afternoon they called and said they needed me to meet with a nurse to sign a consent form (i guess they were rerunning the hiv test, fine, no problem) and so she could go over the tests with me. this really bugged me as three separate people had done this at the re's office already. so i had to schedule an appointment--the two they had left were both during the boy's naptime. (turned out this wasn't a big deal as he has an ear infection and a nasty virus so he hasn't been sleeping too well during the day anyhow). so i take the one for yesterday even though i think the whole thing is so stupid.

when i get there, the appt is actually with a dr.--they took my vitals and everything. when he turned up in the office he was like, "what can i do for you?" no clue why i was there. spent the next thirty minutes trying to figure the whole thing out with him. at one point he said, "frankly, i think it's ridiculous that you're here." frankly, i did, too!

so, hopefully i'll be able to get my labs done next week, but it'll depend on if my (horribly inept) pcp can get her act together.

CD 102
metformin 1500
provera, day 3!

No comments: